Other published dementia-related articles/ interviews
In addition to the material I have created and uploaded on my websites, youtube, and slideshare, I have shared my thoughts/ experience-sharing on dementia care in print and online interviews and articles. Also, some other sites/ blogs have mentioned my resources on their pages. Here is a selection of some of the more interesting/ useful online articles (this is not a complete list):
- World Alzheimer’s Day: A caregiver’s struggle explains the nature of dementia and related care and why it is difficult and stressful, and includes many interviews that share personal experiences as well as expert-talk (including some comments by me).
- Dementia is set to rapidly escalate in India but awareness remains low talks of the state of dementia in India, and especially of the problems of getting a timely diagnosis, of neglecting symptoms or assuming nothing needs to be done, and of the very poor awareness and support in India. It includes some explanations by me.
- Understand how dementia is affecting your loved one is a short and simple e-interview sharing broadly my personal experiences and sharing some top-level suggestions for caregivers.
- Chat with Swapna Kishore is an e-interview profileof my work, and also includes some salient observations on dementia and care and some of my personal observations of the areas that need work. (If the link does not work, view an archived version).
- Better dementia awareness will make a difference (available on page 8 of this downloadable PDF file), my short personal piece on caregiving experiences and observations, published in the Alzheimer’s Disease International’s March 2014 newsletter.
- Interview published in Memory People Page (Vol 3 Issue 1), available on Scribd, published online on January 28, 2013.
- A caregiver’s role published online by Silver Talkies as part of their “Alzheimer’s Disease Awareness Week”, on September 28, 2012.
- Don’t let your Brain go down the Drain, an interview on dementia care and brain donation, published in Bangalore Mirror in August 2012.
- Online resources in English and Hindi increase understanding of dementia and caregiving skills, shared on the “I Can, I Will” pages of Alzheimer’s Disease International
- “Dementia : Advantages of Seeking an Early Diagnosis, an article published in Ezine
- Experiences across divergent caregiving situation, a report on a two-week long e-group discussion (focus: home care staff), published by Caregivers Link, in July 2011
[In addition to these, there are multiple quotes/ small interviews/ coverage of my website, etc., available online]
Pages in this section: