Resources: If you want to help caregivers/ spread dementia awareness
If you are concerned about dementia caregivers in India and want to help them, this section could be of interest to you. Here I discuss what I feel volunteers need to learn and know in order to help caregivers. I discuss the context in which most caregivers in India operate, and share my ideas on areas where volunteers can help. I also share the documents and presentations that I have prepared during the course of my own volunteer work, in case they could also be useful to you.
The section also includes several ideas (small projects, big projects) suitable for students and others who want to do something related to dementia in a limited time-frame,
If you have any comments or additional resources/ suggestions, you can use the “comments” option to add them, or use the contact section of the blog to contact me.
- Understand dementia and care in the Indian context
- Action Areas to Contribute to, and Possible Approaches
- Community-level work: A Dementia-Friendly India
- Focus: Improve Dementia Awareness
- Focus: Create Dementia Services and Products, Facilitate Support Forums
- Project ideas for students, artists, and others
In addition to the pages included in this section, this blog includes several blog entries related to awareness of dementia and supporting caregivers in India. These could be of interest to volunteers/ others who want to spread dementia awareness/ support dementia caregivers. Check the following categories: