Understand dementia and care in the Indian context
While many dementia resources and discussions are available on the Internet, most of these have been created for persons living in countries culturally different from India, and with higher dementia awareness and more support systems. To effectively contribute to the dementia domain in India, concerned persons have to understand the current situation in India and how families cope.
This sub-section discusses various aspects of the current situation in India.
- Overview of current and future prevalence, care challenges, and possible actions
- Introduction: dementia home care in India (includes download)
- Understand caregiving realities, issues, challenges
- Policies, schemes, laws in India relevant for the dementia domain
This sub-section is part of the section, Resources: If you want to help caregivers/ spread dementia awareness
The full set of pages in this section:
- Understand dementia and care in the Indian context
- Action Areas to Contribute to, and Possible Approaches
- Community-level work: A Dementia-Friendly India
- Focus: Improve Dementia Awareness
- Focus: Create Dementia Services and Products, Facilitate Support Forums
- Project ideas for students, artists, and others